Southern African Development Community Data
Current platform capacity in Congo DR, Tanzania & Zambia.
SADC data monitor:
Note that we just search, research & build the data set, rather than making any claims to their representation or appropriateness. We do think though that individually they may serve as guides to further research & analysis, and jointly represent a good enough rough indicator of how a certain country or cluster stands comparatively. If you need the raw XLS data file or specific further analysis, please do write us with a genuine interest.
Theme Related Tracker
On and around the equator:
What would Nyerere say?
And what remains is the rainforest…
Can the sources dry up?
- Nigeria’s inflation rate hits 15.75% in December 2020, highest in 3 yearson January 19, 2021
Nigeria’s inflation rate increased by 15.75% (year-on-year) in December 2020, the highest rate recorded in 3 years.
- Ghana Commodity Exchange considers trading cocoaon January 18, 2021
As part of the medium-term plan for the trade of commodities in Ghana, the Ghana Commodity Exchange (GCX) is considering listing on its trading floor the light cocoa bean, which is mostly consumed by domestic processors.
- Ghana’s growth rate revised to 1.4%on January 12, 2021
The World Bank has revised Ghana’s 2021 growth rate and forecasted the economy to grow at 1.4 percent this year.
- Fitch: African FTA Growth Impact Too Small to Affect Ratingson January 12, 2021
The implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) on its own is unlikely to be a driver of rating adjustments for regional sovereigns. It could be credit positive in the longer term if successful trade liberalisation leads to an improved business environment more broadly and stronger economic growth in Africa, says Fitch Ratings.
- The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe keeps policy rate unchangedon December 30, 2020
THE Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) has kept the bank policy and medium term lending rates at 35 and 25 percent, respectively, while maintaining a stranglehold on money supply to entrench prevailing price stability.
- Central Bank of Egypt extends exemption on banking services feeson December 29, 2020
Local transfers in the Egyptian pound will remain exempt from all fees and commissions until June 30th 2021, the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) stated in a December 28th circular.
- Nigeria: Central Bank revokes licenses of 8 payment service providerson December 29, 2020
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) announced on December 24, 2020 that it had withdrawn the licenses of eight payment service providers for inability to meet capital requirements and non-compliance with specifications.
- Egypt's central bank leaves rates on hold and lowers inflation targeton December 25, 2020
Egypt's central bank left its key interest rates on hold after cutting them three times this year, most recently in November, saying this decision was consistent with achieving its new and lower inflation target for the end of 2022.
- Zimbabwe launches agricultural commodities exchangeon December 24, 2020
The Zimbabwean government on Monday launched the agricultural commodities exchange that will ensure farmers get market determined prices for their commodities.
- Fitch Downgrades Seychelles to 'B'; Outlook Stableon December 20, 2020
Fitch Ratings has downgraded Seychelles' Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'B' from 'B+', with a Stable Outlook.