Southern African Development Community Data
Current platform capacity in Congo DR, Tanzania & Zambia.
SADC data monitor:
Note that we just search, research & build the data set, rather than making any claims to their representation or appropriateness. We do think though that individually they may serve as guides to further research & analysis, and jointly represent a good enough rough indicator of how a certain country or cluster stands comparatively. If you need the raw XLS data file or specific further analysis, please do write us with a genuine interest in Emerging Market Data.
Theme Related Tracker
On and around the equator:
What would Nyerere say?
And what remains is the rainforest…
Can the sources dry up?
- Saudi Arabia’s PIF buys 34% stake in Egypt's B. Tech for $150Mon October 4, 2022
The Saudi Egyptian Investment Company, a subsidiary of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF), acquired a 34% stake in Egypt's B. TECH for around $150 million, Asharq Business reported on October 2nd, citing informed sources.
- Inflation keeps Egypt’s non-oil economy under pressure in Septemberon October 4, 2022
The Egyptian non-oil sector remained under pressure in September, as a result of inflation, energy rationing, restrictions on imports, and a decline in demand, the S&P Global Egypt PMI™ report showed on October 4th.
- State fully acquires Telkom Kenya in Sh6.09 billion dealon October 4, 2022
The Treasury has acquired a 60 percent stake in Telkom Kenya from UK-based private equity fund, Helios Investment Partners, for Sh6.09 billion, making the company fully State-owned.
- Ghana consumer inflation surges to 33.9% in Auguston September 15, 2022
The annual consumer inflation maintained an upward surge in Ghana, increasing to 33.9 percent in August, the Ghana Statistical Service said Wednesday.
- Ethiopia inflation eases for third straight monthon September 14, 2022
(Xinhua) -- Ethiopia's inflation rate eased to 32.5 percent in August, marking the third straight month inflation had been decreasing in the East African nation, according to data released by the Central Statistical Agency (CSA) Monday.
- Kenya : Tourism earnings double as arrivals rise 91%on September 9, 2022
Tourism earnings have more than doubled in the eight months to August as the sector continues to recover from a slump in the last two years despite 2022 being an election year.
- bp to sell its business in Algeria to Enion September 8, 2022
bp announced that it has agreed to sell its upstream business in Algeria to Eni, including its interests in the gas-producing In Amenas and In Salah concessions.
- South Africa's Q2 GDP down slightlyon September 7, 2022
After two consecutive quarters of positive growth, real gross domestic product (GDP) in South Africa decreased 0.7 percent in the second quarter (Q2) of the year to 1.142 trillion South African Rand (about 66.1 billion U.S. dollars), in comparison with 1.151 trillion Rand in Q1, according to the data released by the Statistics South Africa (STATSSA) on its website Tuesday.
- Zimbabwe's monthly inflation declines to 12.4%on August 31, 2022
Zimbabwe's monthly inflation for August declined to 12.4 percent, shedding 13.2 percentage points from 25.6 percent the previous month, the Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency said Friday.
- Central Bank of Egypt removes max limits on daily deposits, raises withdrawal limit to EGP 150,000on August 26, 2022
The Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) has instructed banks to remove maximum limits for deposits by individuals and companies at bank branches and ATMs, according to a circular released on Thursday.