Southern African Development Community Data
Current platform capacity in Congo DR, Tanzania & Zambia.
SADC data monitor:
Note that we just search, research & build the data set, rather than making any claims to their representation or appropriateness. We do think though that individually they may serve as guides to further research & analysis, and jointly represent a good enough rough indicator of how a certain country or cluster stands comparatively. If you need the raw XLS data file or specific further analysis, please do write us with a genuine interest in Emerging Market Data.
Theme Related Tracker
On and around the equator:
What would Nyerere say?
And what remains is the rainforest…
Can the sources dry up?
- Moody's downgrades Ethiopia's rating to Caa2; outlook negativeon October 20, 2021
Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has today downgraded the long-term issuer and senior unsecured ratings of the Government of Ethiopia to Caa2 from Caa1 under review for downgrade. The outlook is negative. This concludes the review for downgrade initiated on 17 May 2021.
- Morocco's central bank postpones policy decision to Oct. 13on September 29, 2021
Morocco's central bank postponed the release of its monetary policy decision until Oct. 13 from today due to health reasons, the bank said on its website.
- Central Bank of Seychelles maintains rate, economy not yet recoveredon September 29, 2021
The Central Bank of Seychelles (CBS) kept its monetary policy rate (MPR) steady for the fourth quarter, saying the economy has not yet fully recovered from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic despite a pick-up in economic activity.
- Angola's central bank postpones policy decision to Sept. 30on September 28, 2021
Angola's central bank postponed the final decision and announcement of its monetary policy decision until Thursday, Sept. 30 from today, as was scheduled.
- Fitch Assigns Nigeria's Proposed USD Bond 'B' Ratingon September 16, 2021
Fitch Ratings has assigned Nigeria's proposed US dollar bond, to be issued under its Global Medium Term Note Programme, a 'B' rating.
- Melcom Group of Companies acquires Pizza Hut in Ghanaon September 2, 2021
Melcom Group of Companies, the diverse business conglomerate, has announced its entry into the Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) business by acquiring the International Franchise Rights for Pizza Hut in Ghana.
- Fitch Affirms Angola at 'CCC'on September 2, 2021
Fitch Ratings has affirmed Angola's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) at 'CCC'.
- Zimbabwe central bank holds rate for the 3rd time to combat inflationon August 31, 2021
Zimbabwe's central bank left its policy rate steady for the third time this year, saying there is still a need to maintain the current monetary policy stance that "has proven to be effective in combating inflation and fostering monetary stability in the economy."
- Forbes to go public at $630 million via a SPAC mergeron August 27, 2021
Forbes has announced its plans to go public via a merger with a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company.
- Fitch Upgrades Gabon to 'B-'; Outlook Stableon August 25, 2021
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Gabon's Long-Term Foreign-Currency (LTFC) Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'B-' from 'CCC'. The Outlook is Stable.