Southern African Development Community Data
Current platform capacity in Congo DR, Tanzania & Zambia.
SADC data monitor:
Note that we just search, research & build the data set, rather than making any claims to their representation or appropriateness. We do think though that individually they may serve as guides to further research & analysis, and jointly represent a good enough rough indicator of how a certain country or cluster stands comparatively. If you need the raw XLS data file or specific further analysis, please do write us with a genuine interest in Emerging Market Data.
Theme Related Tracker
On and around the equator:
What would Nyerere say?
And what remains is the rainforest…
Can the sources dry up?
- Tanzania: Banking sector assets grow by 4%on July 23, 2021
The country’s banking sector assets grew below five per cent last year despite coronavirus pandemic shock thanks to loan book.
- Fitch Revises Rwanda's Outlook to Negative; Affirms at 'B+'on July 22, 2021
Fitch Ratings has revised the Outlook on Rwanda's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to Negative from Stable and affirmed the IDR at 'B+'.
- Fitch Upgrades Cote d'Ivoire to 'BB-'; Outlook Stableon July 20, 2021
Fitch Ratings has upgraded Cote d'Ivoire's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'BB-' from 'B+'. The Outlook is Stable.
- Central Bank of Seychelles cuts rate for the 4th time as rate corridor loweredon July 1, 2021
The central bank of Seychelles, the archipelago in the Indian Ocean, shifted its interest rate corridor to downwards to lower market interest rates and support the ailing economy, with the result the monetary policy rate was cut for the fourth time since September 2019.
- Moroccan Banking Sector Recovery Under Way but Will Be Slow - Fitchon June 21, 2021
Moroccan banks’ profitability recovered strongly in 1Q21 with loan impairment charges (LICs) easing and contributions to Morocco’s Covid-19 relief fund having ended, but full recovery to pre-pandemic levels is unlikely until at least 2022, Fitch Ratings says.
- Ghana records 3.1 percent growth rate in first quarter 2021on June 17, 2021
Ghana’s economy recorded a growth rate of 3.1 per cent year-on-year in the first quarter of 2021 compared with 7 per cent in the same period last year.
- Uganda's central bank cuts rate to boost fragile growth as virus riseson June 17, 2021
Uganda's central bank cut its benchmark interest rate for the fourth time in the current monetary easing cycle, saying the economic recovery still requires monetary policy support and inflation will likely remain below the target in the near term with little space for fiscal policy to respond to "fragile economic growth."
- Egypt’s central bank to review interest rates on Thursday for the fourth time in 2021on June 16, 2021
The Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) of the Central Bank of Egypt (CBE) is anticipated to convene on Thursday — for the fourth time in 2021 — to review the key interest rates in light of the domestic and global economic updates, amid expectations that the CBE will not introduce new cuts.
- Kenya: Treasury to rebase GDP after new Eurobond tapon June 16, 2021
Kenya has kicked off its fourth Eurobond offer with a promise to review the size of the economy later in the year through a rebasing similar to the one conducted in 2014.
- Kenya Picks Citi, JP Morgan As Lead Underwriters for its Dollar Sovereign Bondon June 15, 2021
Kenya has appointed Citi and JP Morgan as joint book-runners for a dollar-denominated sovereign bond issue, and I&M Bank (NSE:IMH) and NCBA Group (NSE:NCBA) as co-managers.