Southern African Development Community Data
Current platform capacity in Congo DR, Tanzania & Zambia.
SADC data monitor:
PDF download of the SADC cluster data with sources
Note that we just search, research & build the data set, rather than making any claims to their representation or appropriateness. We do think though that individually they may serve as guides to further research & analysis, and jointly represent a good enough rough indicator of how a certain country or cluster stands comparatively. If you need the raw XLS data file or specific further analysis, please do write us with a genuine interest in Emerging Market Data.
Theme Related Tracker
On and around the equator:
What would Nyerere say?
And what remains is the rainforest…
Can the sources dry up?
- Ghana: Cedi is second weakest currency among 15 top currencies in Sub-Sarahan Africaon January 18, 2023
The Ghanaian cedi has been ranked the second weakest currency among the top 15 currencies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ethiopia's general inflation rate modestly down in Decemberon January 17, 2023
Ethiopia's general inflation rate decreased to 33.8 percent in December, after reaching 35.1 percent in November 2022, the state Ethiopian Statistics Service (ESS) revealed Monday.
- Inflation hits record high in Ghanaon January 16, 2023
Ghana's consumer inflation rate surged to 54.1 percent in December, a record high, the Ghana Statistical Service (GSS) said Wednesday.
- Ghana Airlines: New national carrier to begin operations in 2023on January 13, 2023
Ghana Airlines, a new national carrier is expected to begin operating in the third quarter of 2023.
- Rwanda consumer inflation rises to 21.6% in December 2022on January 11, 2023
Rwanda's consumer inflation accelerated for the second straight month in December 2022 on the back of higher food prices, official data has showed.
- Ethereum surpasses Bitcoin in transaction volume for the year 2022on January 5, 2023
The total transactions on the Ethereum network tore through that of Bitcoin by more than fourfold in 2022, data from DollarGeek has shown.
- Fitch Downgrades Ghana's LTFC IDR to 'C'on December 22, 2022
Fitch Ratings has downgraded Ghana's Long-Term Foreign-Currency (LTFC) Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'C' from 'CC' as well as the issue ratings on outstanding foreign-currency debt. Fitch has also downgraded the issue rating on Ghana's partially-guaranteed USD1 billion notes maturing in 2030 to 'CC' from 'B-'.
- Fitch Downgrades Ethiopia to 'CCC-'; Removes From UCOon December 20, 2022
Fitch Ratings has downgraded Ethiopia's Long-Term Foreign-Currency Issuer Default Rating (IDR) to 'CCC-' from 'CCC'. Fitch typically does not assign Outlooks to sovereigns with a rating of 'CCC' or below. Fitch has removed the Long-Term IDRs from Under Criteria Observation (UCO).
- African Securities Exchange Association launches AELP E-Platform linking seven African capital markets with $1.5 trillion market capitalizationon December 8, 2022
The African Exchanges Linkage Project (AELP) has launched an e-platform (The AELP Link), enabling seamless cross-border securities trading among seven African stock exchanges representing 2,000 companies with roughly $1.5 trillion market capitalization.
- Central Bank of Nigeria goes harder on inflation, raises MPR to 16.5%on November 23, 2022
The Monetary Policy Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), in its last meeting for the year, has voted to increase the benchmark interest rate (MPR) by 100 basis points to 16.5%, its highest level since 2001.