There are venture directors.., and then there are altVenture Directors
Most EMMA and/or early companies need mentoring and support in governance ways, but even more so for risk mitigation, business & corporate development, or hiring & firing…
Please connect for independent non-exec hand-holding, industry & financial expertise
In line with ‘the new normal’ – altVENTURE @ 2EMMA caters for outsourced / subcontracted / remote / desktop deal or project execution for either side of the investment table:
- research, analysis & evaluation
- BP, strategy & pitch development
- financial modelling & valuation
- structuring & negotiation
- due diligence & closing documentation
Theme Related Tracker
- Ocado and Oxbotica in deal to develop robot grocery deliverieson April 16, 2021
Robot grocery deliveries are coming: Ocado and Oxbotica sign major deal Ocado and Oxbotica in deal to develop robot grocery deliveries
- Why investors need to stop taking ‘warm’ introson April 16, 2021
There’s a fairer, more transparent and much more productive way of doing things. Why investors need to stop taking ‘warm’ intros
- Europe’s 16 most underrated fintechs, according to VCson April 16, 2021
There are some hidden gems among Europe's fintech sector that investors are excited by. Europe’s 16 most underrated fintechs, according to VCs
- Clubhouse, big tech or newcomers: who’ll win the social audio race?on April 16, 2021
Audio's been called the ‘Goldilocks’ medium: sitting perfectly between impersonal text and invasive video. Clubhouse, big tech or newcomers: who’ll win the social audio race?
- 4 key challenges deeptech scaleups need to tackle in 2021on April 16, 2021
Deeptech scaleups will increasingly need to consider their social impact — and strike before the competition gets too hot. 4 key challenges deeptech scaleups need to tackle in 2021
- What does a ‘head of sustainability’ actually do?on April 15, 2021
There’s a new boss in town. But what’s on a head of sustainability’s to-do list — and do all startups need one? What does a ‘head of sustainability’ actually do?
- Tallinn-based HRtech startup RecruitLab raises €300K to expand to new marketson April 16, 2021
Recruitment software startup RecruitLab raises €300K to expand to new markets and grow its team. The team are supported by founders Urmas Purde and Timo Rein, Pipedrive’s first investor Peep Vain, and top European angel investors from the investment fund Superangel. Founded in Estonia is 2020, RecruitLab is a recruiter-centric marketing and applicant tracking software. Its The post Tallinn-based HRtech startup RecruitLab raises €300K to expand to new markets first appeared on EU-Startups.
- Apply to Blockstart! New funding opportunity for blockchain startups and end-user SMEs (Sponsored)on April 15, 2021
Until 26 May 2021, startups can apply to BlockStart’s Partnership Programme, partner with end-user SMEs, and receive up to €20K to validate and pilot their blockchain solutions BlockStart is a pan-European blockchain/DLT acceleration programme. Its main objective is to facilitate mutually beneficial partnerships between blockchain/DLT solution providers and end-user SMEs. In its 3rd and final The post Apply to Blockstart! New funding opportunity for blockchain startups and end-user SMEs (Sponsored) first appeared on EU-Startups.
- Berlin-based Lingoda announces €57 million to expand its online language school to new marketson April 15, 2021
Lingoda, a leading online language school, today announced it has raised €57 million in growth equity led by global growth investor Summit Partners, with participation from existing investor Conny Boersch, founder of Mountain Partners, which first invested in Lingoda in 2015. The new funding will support Lingoda’s expansion into new markets, further enhance the company’s The post Berlin-based Lingoda announces €57 million to expand its online language school to new markets first appeared on EU-Startups.
- London-based Cado Security nabs €8.3 million for its cloud-native digital forensics platformon April 15, 2021
Cado Security, provider of the one of the first and only cloud-native digital forensics platform, today announced that it closed an approx. €8.3 million in Series A funding, bringing the company’s total capital raised to around €9.6 million. Led by Blossom Capital with participation from existing investors including Ten Eleven Ventures, the new funding comes The post London-based Cado Security nabs €8.3 million for its cloud-native digital forensics platform first appeared on EU-Startups.
- “The only formula of success is Business = Life”: Interview with Ajax Systems’ CEO, Aleksandr Konotopskyion April 15, 2021
Often called the ‘Apple of security systems’ because of their innovative proprietary technologies and beautiful design, Ajax Systems is an IoT company that develops high-tech security systems with smart home capabilities. Their product line includes 33 devices for the ultimate protection of premises from burglary, fire and flood – all manufactured in Kyiv, Ukraine where The post “The only formula of success is Business = Life”: Interview with Ajax Systems' CEO, Aleksandr Konotopskyi first appeared on EU-Startups.
- Berlin-based Wire closes €17.4 million Series B funding to continue expansion of its secure collaboration platformon April 14, 2021
Today Wire, one of the most secure collaboration platforms, has announced it has closed a €17.5 million Series B funding round led by VC firm UVC Partners. This investment comes off the back of Wire’s 3x annual revenue growth in 2020, and a number of significant customer wins across sectors such as energy, financial services The post Berlin-based Wire closes €17.4 million Series B funding to continue expansion of its secure collaboration platform first appeared on EU-Startups.