Significant altVenture experience in designing, building & turning-around ventures hands-on
Valuable lessons learned from both successes & failures… Keeping an eye out for the next venture – do connect for Emerging Market Venture Capital Advisory
In line with ‘the new normal’ – altVENTURE @ 2EMMA caters for outsourced / subcontracted / remote / desktop deal or project execution for either side of the investment table:
- research, analysis & evaluation
- BP, strategy & pitch development
- financial modelling & valuation
- structuring & negotiation
- due diligence & closing documentation
Theme Related Tracker
- Investing in your investors. Advice from a former operator.on July 23, 2021
Written by Shawn Chance, Partner, OMERS VenturesContinue reading on OMERS Ventures »
- How We Raised $400k Yet Kept 97% of Our Equityon July 23, 2021
Avoid dilution with grants and loansContinue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- Why Andreessen Horowitz Is Betting Big on NFTson July 21, 2021
The top-tier VC led a $100 million round for a NFT marketplace called OpenSea. It sees non-fungible tokens as foundational technology for…Continue reading on Fast Company »
- Licensing vs Direct Sales: Which is Right for Your Business?on July 20, 2021
Hard-tech startups need to choose a business model earlyContinue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- Why DevRev Will Become a Super Unicornon July 20, 2021
DevRev launched with a $50 million seed round and 75 employees from stealthContinue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- How To Raise Venture Capital (When You Don’t Fit the Silicon Valley Founder ‘Archetype’)on July 19, 2021
Donnel Baird is not your “archetypal” startup founder.Continue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- Zimbabwe: Unvaccinated TelOne Workers On Forced Leaveon July 23, 2021
[New Zimbabwe] STATE-OWNED telecommunications operator, TelOne, has advised all employees not vaccinated against Covid-19 to take leave to reduce their exposing other workers to the global pandemic.
- Kenya: IEBC Candidate Zippy Nzisa Roots for Use of Twitter and Facebook to Reach Masseson July 23, 2021
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- A candidate seeking a job as an Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commissioner Zippy Nzisa has proposed the use of technology through social media and other platforms to reach out to the youth and educate them on electoral matters.
- Zimbabwe: Unvaccinated TelOne Staff Sent On Leave, Physical Meetings Suspendedon July 23, 2021
[The Herald] LANDLINE phone and data service operator, TelOne, has directed its unvaccinated staff to go on leave with immediate and withdrew the Covid-19 allowance for all those the same category, as part mitigation measures against the spread of the deadly pandemic.
- Nigeria: Firm Secures U.S.$1.5 Million in Pre-Seed Funding to Drive Digital Investmentson July 23, 2021
[This Day] Digital sub-broker and digital investment platform, Chaka Technologies has raised $1.5 million in a pre-seed funding round led by Breyer Capital, a global venture capital and private equity firm.
- Africa: Screentime Can Make You Feel Sick - Here Are Ways to Manage Cybersicknesson July 23, 2021
[The Conversation Africa] Do you ever feel like the light of your computer screen is burrowing into your eyes and making your head pulse? Or feel dizzy or nauseous after looking at your phone? While you might think these sensations are just eye strain or fatigue from looking at your screen for too long, they're actually symptoms of a condition called cybersickness.
- Ethiopia: Ride Hailing App Little Set to Enter Ethiopia Marketon July 23, 2021
[East African] Kenyan ride-hailing firm Little is expanding to Addis Ababa joining Safaricom and several other Kenyan firms in the race to crack the Ethiopian market that has so far remained closed to foreign firms.