Significant altVenture experience in designing, building & turning-around ventures hands-on
Valuable lessons learned from both successes & failures… Keeping an eye out for the next venture – do connect
In line with ‘the new normal’ – altVENTURE @ 2EMMA caters for outsourced / subcontracted / remote / desktop deal or project execution for either side of the investment table:
- research, analysis & evaluation
- BP, strategy & pitch development
- financial modelling & valuation
- structuring & negotiation
- due diligence & closing documentation
Theme Related Tracker
- How Initialized Investor Garry Tan Turned a $300,000 Bet On Coinbase Into $680 Millionon April 15, 2021
Midas List investor Garry Tan and Initialized Capital wrote the first VC check into Coinbase. He talks the historic return and what’s next… Continue reading on Forbes »
- Millions of Moms Left Work in 2020. Can Tech Startups Help Families at the Brink?on April 13, 2021
With over 30 million families in the U.S. with children and at least one working parent, startups that help families have a tremendous… Continue reading on Forbes »
- How Do You Build A $1 Billion Startup?on April 12, 2021
“With this next round of funding, we’re going to valued at $1.5 billion,” “Ray,” a CEO I’m working with, said to me the other day. Continue reading on Medium »
- The Most Important Fundraising Secret of Every Successful Entrepreneuron April 12, 2021
It’ll completely change the way you raise venture capital Continue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- The Controversial Statement that Gets Me Invited to Speak at Top 10 Business Schoolson April 10, 2021
Venture capitalists will pretend to hate this statement, but they’re guilty of it, too. Continue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- 4 Entrepreneur Pitch Lessons They Won’t Teach You at Business Schoolon April 7, 2021
1). Don’t use the word ethical Continue reading on Entrepreneur's Handbook »
- Nigeria: Over 1 Million Jobs Will Be Provided From Digital Switch-Over - Govton April 18, 2021
[Premium Times] "Lagos State, which is the hub of the creative industry, will take a large share of the one million jobs to be created."
- Nigeria: Group Blames Twitter Preference for Ghana On Nigeria's Poor Governanceon April 18, 2021
[Leadership] Abuja -- The Integrity Friends for Truth and Peace Initiative (TIFPI) has blamed Twitter preference for Ghana over Nigeria in citing its African headquarters, as a sign of the persistent leadership failure, characterised by poor governance, which has affected Nigeria negatively in the eyes of the international community.
- Africa: #UnmuteTheWorld Campaign Launched to Address Internet Gap Across Sub-Saharaon April 17, 2021
[Capital FM] Nairobi -- A campaign dubbed #UnmuteTheWorld, has been launched to make internet access a fundamental right and ensure 3.7 billion people are connected virtually.
- South Africa: Health Firm Operates Hospital-At-Home Serviceon April 16, 2021
[TechCrunch] For a continent with such stark inequality, Africa has seen limited innovation to increase access to healthcare and reduce healthcare delivery costs. Over the years, there has been continued investment in traditional care models despite the overwhelming evidence of inefficiency and escalating costs. The pandemic also laid these problems bare, exposing the vulnerabilities of the continent's healthcare system.
- Egypt: Health Min. Orders Linking Public Health Initiatives to Secured, Smart Documents Complexon April 16, 2021
[Egypt Online] Health Minister Hala Zayed has directed officials concerned to swiftly link the database of all the public health initiatives to the secured and smart documents complex.
- Africa: Japanese VC Samurai Incubate Closes $18.6m Fund for African Startupson April 16, 2021
[TechCrunch] Samurai Incubate, a Tokyo-based venture capital firm, announced today it has closed its "Samurai Africa 2nd General Partnership" fund, totalling 2.026 billion yen (~$18.6 million).